文章目录[+]
还在用教科书上的英语和老外交流吗?是时候改改了,快学些地气儿的表达~
★Get foot in the door
迈出第一步
Eg: It's not a great position, but at least my foot is in the door.
这个职位不算太好,但好歹我迈出第一步了。
★Be a chicken
胆小鬼
Eg: There's nothing to be scared of. Don't be a chicken.
没啥好怕的,别做胆小鬼。
★Grab a bite
吃点东西
Eg: I don't have much time, so let's grab a quick bite.
我没多少时间,我们随便找点东西吃了吧。
★Bored to death
无聊得要死
Eg: Would you rather be super busy or bored to death?
你是愿意忙到飞起呢,还是无聊至死呢?
★You've got to be kidding
你逗我呢吧
Eg: A: "Hey Jared. Mom told me to tell you that you shouldn't stay out too late."
嘿杰瑞德,老妈跟我说让你别在外面玩太晚。
B: "You've got to be kidding me. I'm 30 years old."
你逗我呢吧。我都30啦。
★Sick and tired
厌烦了
Eg: I eat burgers almost everyday. I'm getting sick and tired of them.
我基本上天天吃汉堡,都吃腻了。
★Get on one's nerves
使人心烦意乱
Eg: Will you please stop doing that? It's getting on my nerves.
你能不能停下来,搅得我心烦意乱。
★Feel blue
感到忧伤
Eg: He feels a little blue because he can't find a girlfriend.
因为找不到女朋友,他有点小忧伤。
★Fender bender
小车祸、轻微交通事故
Eg: I got into a fender bender in the parking lot.
我的车在停车场遇到了些小刮小蹭。
★Give somebody a hard time
不让人好过
Eg: If you don't finish your project, the manager is going to give you a hard time.
你要是完不成项目,经理肯定不会让你好过的。
★Throw in the towel
放弃,认输(源自拳击比赛)
Eg: He's not a quitter, so he's not going to throw in the towel.
他不是个临阵脱逃的人,所以他不会放弃的。
★Ring a bell
使人想起
Eg: I can't put my finger on it, but it definitely rings a bell.
我没法明确说出来是什么,但这绝对听着耳熟。
★Goose bumps
鸡皮疙瘩
Eg: I was so touched by the movie that I started getting goose bumps all over my arms.
这电影太感人了,我看得胳臂上起了一层鸡皮疙瘩。
★I'm beat
我好累
Eg: I had a tough day today. I'm totally beat.
今天太辛苦了,累死我了。
★On the dot
准时地、一秒不差
Eg: I don't want to be waiting for you, so you'd better be there at three o'clock on the dot.
我可不想等你,所以你最好3点钟准时到那。
★Nuke
用微波炉加热
Eg: Don't nuke an egg. It will explode in the microwave.
千万别把鸡蛋往微波炉里搁,它会爆炸的。
★Out of this world
极好的,非凡的
Eg: The movie totally blew me away. It was really out of this world.
这部电影彻底震撼到我了,真的太棒了。
★Over one's head
太难懂,超出理解力
Eg: Don't bother explaining it to him. It's way over his head.
不用费心跟他解释了,这完全超出他的理解范围。
★Play it by ear
见机行事
Eg: I'll have to play it by ear because I don't know how long they want me to work.
我得见机行事,因为我也不知道他们会让我干多久。
★Sleep on it
再考虑一晚
Eg: I've been thinking about this problem for two hours. I think I will sleep on it. It might come to me in the morning.
我想这个问题想了俩小时了,我大概要再深思熟虑一晚,大概明天早上能想到答案。
#关于瑞英在线Reallyenglish#
瑞英在线(Reallyenglish)专为企业和个人提供定制化在线英语学习课程。定期分享双语时尚资讯、工作、生活、学习、考试等图文资料,边娱乐边学习。
热线:4009-2020-77
官网:www.reallyenglish.com.cn
发表评论